How to Choose a Li-Ning Badminton Racket
There are 5 Li-Ning badminton racket series that cater to 5 distinct play styles. What play style best reflects you?
MEGA POWER. Superior Offensive Play Style.
- Continuous Explosive Attacking!
- The Mega Power Series is specially designed for offense oriented players who want to play with maximum power. This popular series includes badminton racket with a higher balance point giving it a heavier head while delivering tremendous shuttle striking capabilities.
ULTRA SHARP. Offense Oriented Play Style
- Aggressive Smashing & Solid Defense
- The Ultra Sharp Series is engineered for badminton players who like to change quickly between offense and defense. A highly elastic shaft and lighter overall weight helps the Ultra Sharp Series player produce fast swing speeds with industry leading repulsion power.
EXTRA SKILL. Quick Hands Play Style
- Light Weight Racket for Fast Play
- The Extra Skill Series is the ultimate collection of badminton rackets for players who enjoy a lighter racket for fast reaction times and quick decisive play. Most of the models in this series include lighter frames and flexible shafts making the badminton racket more active.
MULTI CONTROL. Control Focused Play Style
- Strong Offense, Defense and Control
- The Multi Control Series is designed for badminton players who want a combination of solid defense, strong offense and good control. The Multi Control Series badminton racket include generous head designs that feature oversized sweet spots and flexible shafts.
PRO MASTER. Balanced Play Style
- Perfect Blend of Offense and Defense
- The Pro Master Series is the optimum choice for players with well-rounded skill sets. This series of high quality badminton rackets balances the weight with the shaft. The Li-Ning wing stabilizer helps the players deliver improved net play and power strokes.
Determine the play style that best reflects your game and select a racket series.
Now consider the following 5 key racket characteristics…GRIP SIZE
The grip size affects the overall comfort in holding the racket / racquet but more importantly it influences shot technique and accuracy. Many players now use a smaller grip so they can hold and control the racket / racquet with their fingers to create more power and greater deception. Most Li-Ning racket / racquets are available in an Extra Small grip size. Look for [XS] after the name online. Some are also available in a Small grip size which is indicated with a [SM].
The balance point refers to the overall distribution of the weight of the badminton racket. A higher balance point results in a head heavy racket that is designed to generate more power vs. a lower balance point which gives the racket a head light feel. A mid balance point gives the racket a steady even feel. It is the combination of the overall racket weight and the balance point that will greatly determine how heavy or light a racket seems making the balance point integral to the overall weight of the racket .
The overall weight of the badminton racket has a significant impact on the feel of the racket and is a primary factor in determining the right fit for you. Contrary to what many players believe, a lighter racket is not necessarily better! Heavier rackets develop more power over lighter ones. Remember, in the transfer of momentum, mass is pivotal. Lighter racket benefit from increased dexterity making them superior for defense and net play.
Flexibility refers to the ability of the badminton racket shaft to flex while swinging the racket. A common misconception is that flexible racket result in better performance. This is not necessarily the case. Very strong players with powerful swings can benefit from a stiff shaft to achieve additional power and control. Average players with an average swing speed can benefit from a soft to medium flex shaft as it helps to generate additional repulsion power without any loss of control.
A more advanced racket construction will allow for higher string tensions. Li-Ning badminton rackets with the letter N in the name are made from the finest military grade carbon fibre and are typically used by a famous national or international player. This allows for horizontal string tensions of up to 30 pounds and vertical string tensions of up to 28 pounds. High string tensions will result in greater power to a point. String tensions above 28 pounds result in less power as repulsion is decreased however there is a slight increase in control. Higher string tensions increase the risk of breaking the racket strings and even the racket frame so we always recommend moderation even where the maximum string tension rating is high.
And there is nothing like finding a Li-Ning badminton racket that feels great and compliments your play style!EXCLUSIVE 6 MONTH GUARANTEE
Our badminton rackets are crafted using the finest materials and are made to the highest possible quality standards. Our exclusive 6 month guarantee ensures peace of mind and knowing that your racket is made by one of the largest badminton companies in the world makes your purchase decision worry free. Should the original purchaser encounter a defect in materials or workmanship within 6 months, our efficient guarantee process will repair or replace the racket in no time at all.
EXCLUSIVE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return your order shipping prepaid for a full refund. So if for whatever reason you are not happy with your purchase, just go through our easy return process which can be found by clicking shipping and returns in the top menu of our web site online. With the 30 day return policy, there are no special catches or exceptions. All we ask is that you send the items back to us in the original packaging, and make sure that the merchandise is in the same new condition.
And remember…shipping is always FREE on minimum orders!BEWARE OF ILLEGAL IMMITATIONS
Genuine Li-Ning products include a functional authenticity label.
Suspicious Web sites with low priced Li-Ning products are most often selling inferior knock offs!
For individual racket specifications visit shopbadmintononline.com. In the top menu of the badminton products site you will find a “download racket guide” link. Click on this link to download the racket guide and you will find a complete listing of our racket and their specifications.